Saturday, September 16, 2006

A series of unfortunate events?

My week has finally ended. Man, what a week I had! It all started from the time I somehow managed to trip myself over at the office... thank goodness no one saw (besides one person), and I actually laughed at myself after that. :) This really calls for 'Snippet #2' in my to-be book "So, you think you're weird?"

Last Saturday, there was a MAJOR thunderstorm in my area, and the power got tripped by the lightning. Little did I know that my satellite TV and home PC got fried too :( . I came home on Sunday night and saw my parents listening to the radio in front of the turned-off TV. I asked what happened and Mum said "TV got struck". Kinda funny in a way, like the sixties.. where people just listened to the radio or so.

Then, on Monday, my laptop hard disk crashed all of a sudden while I was working. Had to get back to office to get it fixed and was praying hard that I didn't lose all the data since I'm not a regular "backup" person. I was given a temporary laptop to work from in the meantime.

While using the temporary laptop, before my meeting, I accidentally toppled the thermoflask with coffee and it spilt all over my table and my mouse. Fortunately, I grabbed the laptop on time before it hit and potentially killed the temporary laptop. My meeting notes and stuff were all smeared by coffee stains etc. Darn!

Sometime during the week as well, after work, I went to return a faulty product at Ikea and surprise of surprises, I parked the car, got out, walked towards the entrance, and realized that somehow there was no way to enter into Ikea! I looked at my plastic bag and it read "Open Daily from 10am to 10pm". I can't be THAT blur. I asked around and discovered that Ikea was closed on that ONE day I've decided to return my product - due to... annual dinner. 365 days a year and it had to be THAT day they chose to CLOSE.

To top my week off, I went to collect my fixed laptop from the office and met my best friend and we decided to get some coffee from the coffee machine (which I hardly get to enjoy since I'm always out of office). And, the first machine was "under maintenance". I tried the other machine, and after my friend took the first cup, guess what? The coffee ran out!

It was a tough week to get by - but I believe a bad week would be 'cancelled off' by a fantastic week and it's already starting to look good. The good things that came out of it were:

- My laptop got a new motherboard and it's running faster than usual; I didn't lose my data besides some random stuff, photos & Season 2 of Desperate Housewives..

- My home PC just got fixed with a few hundred Gigs of diskspace & DVD burner and reformatted (something which I have been putting off)

- My satellite TV just got fixed with a 2nd decoder (finally, no more fighting over who should watch which channel)

- I got my wi-fi working. OMG all these are starting to make me sound like a tech geek. :P

- My colleague's comment on my life from following me around the other day "Never a dull moment!"

- I got more sleep than anything this week (what's there to do with no TV/internet)

- I had motivation to gym so that I could watch TV :P

- I read the books that I've been putting off reading *so I'm wiser now*

Perhaps God was trying to get my attention and help me to refocus on things, thus taking away all the 'distractions' I have and making me "technologically-disabled". All in all, I would say everything turned out for the better! :)


"... Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?" Job 2:10

2 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, your life is more dramatic than desperate housewives.
I never knew you lived on wysteria lane doiner

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger emeryz said...

Hahhahaha... I didn't ask for it ok? Somehow someone is playing a trick on me.. I just know it :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home