Tuesday, July 11, 2006

10 reasons why it is impossible to keep fit in Malaysia

I've been trying to go on a diet for 1 week and a half but failing miserably. I have succumbed to list down 10 reasons on how difficult it is to keep fit in Malaysia!!

1. There's food everywhere!!! You'd never go hungry here, thanks to the 24 hour mamaks & hawker centers

2. My parents show their love via food, food and more food... you can never go hungry in my house

3. Everytime you want to diet, there's some buffet invitation (today), project dinner (this week!), project lunch (2 weeks time), wedding dinner (last Sat & again in 2 weeks time) or BBQ party around the corner (weekend)... which I can't escape because of commitments etc...

4. Salads are expensive, not readily available & not fresh!

5. I spend most of my time at work, sitting in front of my laptop. My only exercise/breather is walking to the toilet for toilet breaks

6. Going to the gym is too much effort (ok, ok.. excuses here) :P

7. There's a massive food fund for my project snacks & they are stored in my drawer next to me

8. Malaysians only eat, shop, eat, shop, sleep and eat some more.. there's nothing else we do on weekends (or weekdays!).. (as testified by Jason, my Aussie friend who visited for 2 weeks)

9. I love eating too much and exercising too little!

10. The drinks guy never understands what I mean when I say "Kopi, kurang manis" -- *watches in disbelief as kopi man puts 4 tablespoons of condensed milk into cup*

Alright, I will try harderrrr.. I promise! :)

1 Comments:

At 7:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dont fight it...just whack! eat all you want :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home