Friday, July 07, 2006

Mesmerized by Chocolate...

So, after a long hunt for a new mobile phone... seeing that I've still not had the luxury of seeing colors on my mobile, or the joy of hearing polyphonic /mp3 ringtones or snapping irritating candid photos of people using the mobile (considering I'm such a photo freak), I finally found it.

Mesmerized by its sleek, slim and sexy black coat with a shiny silver square, lighting up only when you slide it.. the red glowy touchpads come to live, along with the screen, illuminating with a matching red wallpaper. Not to mention, the sound effects that come with it, the soft tingle as you slide it up and down. If you don't know already, I'm talking about the LG Chocolate phone. I swear it is targeted at women like me, fully mesmerized by its aesthetics, not thinking too much about functionality.

However, I must say that for such a small & slim gadget with the innovative touchpad, it does have quite a full pack of functions that come with it - mp3 player, camera, video camera, my much loved organizer (yes, with multiple alarms... those who know me, know that this is an absolute must), Net browsing, bluetooth etc. Not like I use most of these functions anyway.

The whole phone is made to charm & mesmerize, all carefully thought of by the designers I presume, so that anyone who uses it, will forget about some of its shortcomings. No memory card slot? But it slides beautifully! 1.3 megapixel camera? What do you expect.. it's so slim & sexy, you forget... oh at least, there's flash! Haha... Definitely not a phone for the techie! And I do know some techie guys who also fell hopelessly in love with it.

Well, being the guinea pig of this new gadget, for those who are thinking of getting the phone, there are of course, as with all phones, a few shortcomings which annoy me. The USB slot to charge ur phone / plug in USB port / headset is covered by a flimsy little plastic thingy which is very hard not to break. Well the designers had to think of a way to make everything slim & concealed, so there you go. The touchpad is a wee bit sensitive & takes some time to get used to but once u do, it's a beautttyyy.... and yes, there's so much the phone can offer, but may not have enough memory in the long term! ;)

Nevertheless... I love my Chocolate. Yummm...







Pictures from GSMArena


1 Comments:

At 7:05 PM, Blogger yeahway said...

woo hoo!! someone finally got a new phone! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home