Saturday, July 22, 2006

Le Fried Chicken..

I finally realized what is going on.... I'm becoming a fried chicken... in other terms.... burnt out! Was reading this article on the symptoms of burning out, and it's freaky when you start to relate!

Loss of motivation, demoralized, dread getting to work everyday, trapped in an unwinnable situation, doing the bare minimum yet coming home feeling drained, feeling antisocial.... hmmm, bad bad signs. Was driving at 60km/h 10 mins to 9am, hoping for a massive jam or you know, those 'truck overturning at peak hours' or 'some stupid car breaking down in the middle of the road' or 'silly police convoys' incidents that must happen during peak hour traffic.. but none of that happened!

But all in all, I still have to get out of it. I am my own worst enemy... and sometimes the danger is you don't even have time to take a breather, to take a step back but I'm glad this weekend, I do have some to spare, hopefully it will help. Gotta get out!!

2 Comments:

At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! I can so relate. We break our backs each day to deliver 99.99% of the work but it just seems to keep coming.The more effective and reliable you are the more work you ge tin the end. It's a vicious cycle! How is it possible then to meet this statement from my manager "Good Better Best/Never Let It Rest/'Till Your Good Is Better/And Your Better Best.
"
when I feel that what I need the most is REST?..I feel shafted

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger emeryz said...

Haha.. glad that I've not lost my mind as someone else feels the same. Last weekend, I did take a step back and rethink the whole situation. Luckily for me, my Management is pretty understanding. The key is to negotiate, and learn to say 'no'. Work will never end, and sometimes a break (even a short one) to get out of the whole environment is really all you need.. that is, if u still love your job! :) All ze best!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home