Sunday, August 21, 2005

Yuppie-fied!

I've come to the realization that I've been yuppie-fied! Aahh!! As much I do not want to admit it, but I guess it's a transition from overseas life to back home.. and searching for substitutes to what I miss. Plus it doesn't help that my close friends and colleagues are all in the same boat, so there we go.. a bunch of young people, working hard, playing hard. Guess when I run out of energy, I'd finally have some time to read the many books beside my bed that are all half read, and the piles of DvDs that I haven't got time to watch ;)

My substitutes list...
- Good coffee: San Franscisco Coffee (can you believe that this is actually local?)
- Cakes, Desserts: Marmalade (Toffee Banana & Cookies n Cream cheesecake), Ms Read deliCious (brownies!!), Vanilla Box, Bakerzin, Alexis (tiramisu - the best I've ever tasted)
- Shopping: Singapore, Bangkok (haha... ok those were crazy impulsive trips I admit), blook, cats whiskers, Zara, Nine West and other secret locations ;) .. I love to find unique items ;)
- Hangouts: Alexis Jazz Bar (really really nice), Bangkok Jazz, Moon Bar in Bangkok (would love to go to Luna Bar - an apparent rip off of Moon Bar)
- Restaurants: Rakuzen, Courtyard Garden, Bangkok Jazz (and more to be discovered..)

I guess after being away for 5 years, I didn't realize that KL has indeed everything! Including the things that I miss. I would say that the only gap so far is the shopping.. you just gotta go further to find what you want but a friend of mine who came back for a short trip from Melbourne went crazy at this boutique I recommended, so perhaps the grass is always greener on the other side. ;) And yes, they do have Laura Mercier here... :)

Image from San Franscisco Coffee website Image from Kakiseni.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home