Saturday, July 23, 2005

Braced

I just had my follow up check on my ankle. The good news was that the ligaments are healing well but the bad news is that I still have to wear my brace for another 2 weeks!!!! Well, the doctor said that in the "old" days, he would have to put me in a crutch and cast for my ankle, so I guess a brace isn't that bad. I'm gonna attempt driving, cannot stand being immobile for so long, but I've been told I'm already dangerous enough without the brace ;)

Come to think of it, my ankle issue has been quite a blessing. Managed to talk to my clients more since now there's a common topic and they have been very helpful in suggesting different remedies. Also got closer to my colleagues who are nice enough to give me a lift to work every morning for the past month & to the hospital, plus those who just enjoy making fun of my sprained ankle, asking questions like "so, can u dance?", "how's ur elephant leg?", "r u sure u sprained it just by looking at ur phone?".. etc etc. Not to mention one of them likes to imitate how I limp. It has also helped me to slow down my activities... which was what I wanted to do, reduce my spending (can't go far limping while shopping) and yea, reminding me not to take simple things for granted, such as walking. It indeed has been a humbling experience. It'd be a month more before I am 'completely' healed (hopefully). And I so miss my shoes, the only shoe I've been able to fit in with the brace is the one below, which is not even mine, my sister's.

My advice is: BE CAREFUL AT THE STAIRS!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home