Sunday, July 31, 2005

QLC

Was asked this intriguing question by an equally intriguing person. So Tuck, here's my post to you.. ;)

"What are the signs & symptoms in emery's life which she thinks might point to evidences of quarter-life-crisis?" (feels like an essay)

In my opinion, it all starts with volatility... like u said, getting out of the comfort zone of Uni and into the working world.. can be pretty daunting for us young adults. The fear of not doing enough in these few years before u turn 30 and yet not knowing what exactly you want to achieve in life. Society these days demand a lot, or more like we demand a lot from ourselves due to higher education. And with hectic schedules and time passing by so quickly, we set lots of goals to achieve and find that there could not be enough time. Like I wanna travel lots (to Europe especially & the States), I wanna further my studies, I wanna do this and that... I want to find work that I'm passionate about, I want to go on a missions trip etc etc. So what I've been doing is just trying to execute as much as I can, such as my impulsive holidays and stuff - the Just Do It attitude. And enjoying life - indulging in good food, hanging out and yet working hard.

Work is another area where you suddenly have no guidance whatsoever unlike in Uni where there's always a textbook. There is no textbook here, what's on paper is usually easier said than done. This week itself I was facing resistance from my clients, trying to win over their confidence... which fortunately succeeded .. however, if it was in Uni I would probably be writing about how I would deal with it and get a high distinction. But in real life, you just grapple around and figure it out yourself. It applies to other aspects of my life too.. but I'm just hanging in there and letting God lead the way.

I am having heaps of fun and generally satisfied with my life - but each week, I think to myself "Am I getting my priorities right? Am I using my time right? Will I be able to achieve my end result with what I am doing?". I guess it all stems down to "I don't want to look back in my life and see that I've not done anything of significance - except consuming heaps of vegetables, meat and cakes (ok I pig out on cakes a lot)." ;) So that's my answer to you :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home