Sunday, July 10, 2005

You can't have everything

I don't believe a person can have everything without giving up some things. Yea, it may seem that some people you know seem to have "everything" but if you know them better, you'd realize that there are some things lacking in their lives.

I once knew a friend who is really wealthy, lives in the nicest place and has everything imaginable but was always wanting attention and annoyed people heaps. Later, he mentioned that it was because his parents gave him everything except their time and attention.

It's really hard to find the right balance - to serve God, pursue your career, have a social life etc. Those who believe they can achieve all of that without sacrificing some things are probably not too honest with themselves. Even simple things like sleeping & health are sometimes 'sacrificed' to achieve all that. I would say the best thing is to get your priorities right - something that I am still working on. I hope I can look back in life one day and know that I've made a difference and made the right choices and sacrifices. :)

"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also" Matthew 6:21

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home