Sunday, August 07, 2005

Mission: accomplished!

I made it!! Survived 2 and a half weeks without my manager around. She went for training in the States and everyone was like "You're so lucky, get to leave work early etc etc" but the opposite was true.

I was overwhelmed with responsibilities. It was like having to fly when you have just learnt to crawl. Looking back, I asked for an opportunity to build trust with my clients, to do more than my scope and in a strange way, that did it for me. From sitting in meetings and taking notes, I was running meetings all of a sudden. From jotting down issues, I was forced to manage the issues. From noting down status updates, I was preparing the updates. It was an express learning curve, and I realized it's when you are given the responsibility that you learn the most. Somehow or other, the fastest way to learn is sometimes through being thrown in the deep end.

I'm somewhat relieved that my manager's back. She's great at her work, learn heaps from her.. and has an amazing way of dealing with people. So it's time for me to take a breather for a bit, and start walking... ;)

1 Comments:

At 3:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations! its usually the 'sink or swim' times that we learn the most!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home