Monday, July 04, 2005

Does financial planning EVER work??

I did it, I finally recorded my expenses for the month of June just to see where my money has gone to. It's amazing how little amounts of expenditure can add up to soooo much *gasps* I've also learnt that the nice shiny plastic card is an EVIL thing to own.

When I told a colleague at the beginning of last month that I was gonna track my expenditure, he laughed and said that he tried too, but it's simply impossible. His theory is: It may work for the 1st month but subsequently, there will always be something unexpected that will crop up that requires that 'excess' spending.... birthdays, dinners, accidents etc etc. Oh well... so my question is: Is there anyone out there who can actually save according to their targets and be disciplined? Especially young working adults that is. ;)

The culprit of it all is my constant need for retail therapy!! Those uncontrollable urges to buy those lovely shoes, bags, clothes... argh! How can one resist? And ironically, my dad just passed me my credit card statement for the month! Ack...


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Yes, I know..how many shoes do I need? I'm not a caterpillar ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home