Sunday, July 17, 2005

The Difference

I got up early one morning
And rushed right into the day
I had so much to accomplish
That I didn't have time to pray
Problems just tumbled about me and heavier came each task
"Why doesn't God help me?," I wondered
He answered, "You didn't ask"
I wanted to see joy and beauty
but the day toiled on gray and bleak
I wondered, "Why doesn't God show me?"
but He said, "You didn't seek"
I tried to come into God's presence
I used all my keys at the lock
God gently and lovingly chided "My child, you didn't knock"
I woke up early this morning and paused before entering the day
I had so much to accomplish that I had to take time to pray

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Suddenly remembered this poem, on a bookmark given to me by my brother several years back. Serves as a gentle reminder for me to always depend on God for strength because there are so many things in life in which I need His help.

I suppose whether you are a Christian or not, you would still go through similar problems, face similar challenges and go through very difficult times... so some may wonder "Why bother being a Christian then and add to the burden??"

Well, the difference is that I know Who I can depend on, turn to for help and for my source of strength when everything else seems impossible. Though like any fallible human being, I have my ups and downs but trust me, it is a life changing experience and I wouldn't trade it for anything else.

Check out Life: Live it Loud! if you're free this Saturday 23 July 05.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home