Friday, July 01, 2005

My right foot

So I sprained my right foot. Had too much fun last weekend, and my foot has finally forced me to slow down my activities. Still at a blur on how it happened, I was reading the reminders on my handphone (yes, the annoying beeping ones I set everyday) while walking down the stairs to breakfast and the next thing I knew I was on the floor. Ouch!

Anyway, still made it home from Pangkor, carried my luggage and into the ferry etc. but when I got home it started to swell. Saw the doc the next day, and he said I tore a ligament. Wow. Is it that serious? I didn't believe him anyway. I did accidentally stretch my foot in the morning and it hurt like hell, so maybe it's true to some extent ;) but I'm still not taking any painkillers. Hate drugs.

I'm pretty stubborn. I am. And this ankle injury just flashed back those helpless days when I had my back operation. The helplessness of not being able to do the simple things - like crawling under the table to plug in my laptop power cable or running down the stairs. I get frustrated, I try and do more things than I should. Then, I thank God that it's not as bad, if I could survive my back surgery, I can do anything. I am just impatient, I need to drive, I have so much I want to do. I even miss dancing(!). This time, I thought I'd better rest. Try to fight my own stubbornness. Coz apparently an ankle injury should not be taken lightly - could have more severe impacts later if not taken care of. Eek! And I do not need any more metal implants in my body than I already have ;) I'm not intending to set off the metal detectors haha...

So, this is my first slow moving weekend. The bliss of doing... nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home