Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Life's lessons.. so far

Always be true to yourself.
It's your life, don't let anyone else live it for you. Deep down, you know what YOU want.

You can overcome your fears.
Fear is what stops me from achieving my best. Once it is conquered, I realize I can do wonders.

True friends stab you in the front.
I've made many mistakes and I appreciate the friends who are brutally honest with me, even at times when I don't want to hear it. Those are the ones whom I can rely on, and majority of the time, they are right. They give me my sanity check.

The greatest form of love lies in your family.
I love my family. I'm so glad that I've got a relatively big family, and wherever they are, I know I can always rely on them. There is no greater comfort knowing that my family will stand by me no matter what.

A true friendship is one that has gone through conflict only to come out stronger.
I've had falling outs with 2 of my closest friends before, and I'm so glad that our friendships have grown stronger, even though it took time. I learnt not to take these friends for granted, they are like family to me. Thanks for being understanding and forgiving me for my shortcomings. Love you guys heaps.

Forgiveness is a higher form of love.
One of my colleagues told me this, and how true it is...both to receive and offer forgiveness. God has forgiven us for our many sins, so who are we not to forgive others? If you bury the anger within, the one to suffer is yourself. Forgive first, then try to forget.

The mind is the most powerful tool you own, use it wisely.
It's all in the mind. Happiness is a state of mind.

Let yourself go once in a while, go CRAZY!
Life is short. Live it to the fullest! Don't keep planning, EXECUTE!

Believe in yourself and you will go far.
I have this issue. People believe in me more than I believe in myself. I have exceeded my own expectations by taking initiative and believing in my own abilities.

Who will stand beside you when your whole world crumbles? Those are your true friends.
It's not the number of friends you have that are important. You need to know who are the ones who will be there when you are stripped of everything. I don't believe that anyone can have "too many friends".

A true friend will not think of you any less, despite your mistakes.
I've had a few friends who have confided in me and told me that they hope I won't think of them as silly for their actions. Trust me, I don't... coz I've had my fair share of silliness.

Don't be a surface person. Stop making judgments of people before getting to know them.
I can be guilty of this as well. Everyone has their stories to share, never judge people by outward appearances.

Selfishness is the worst act one can perform to others.
Nuff said.

Honesty and integrity are the values I admire most.
I hate to be lied to. Trust is something not to be taken lightly.

Always say sorry before making excuses.
I read about this a long time ago, and it works like magic! Sorry - a simple word, but often hard to verbalize.

Words cut more than a sword. Think before you speak.
The power of the tongue cannot be underestimated. I always believe if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it.

The One I cannot live without: God.
I tried to run away from Him, but He has never left me nor forsaken me. What would I do without Him?

A summary of what I've learnt so far in this half a year. Maybe I'm getting old, but I've definitely learnt a lot ;)



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 Comments:

At 5:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are major lessons for such a short amount of time (I reckon many 40 year olds are still struggling to understand even half of those). Keep this blog going... it's a great informal way to keep in touch through all these miles. xxkaren.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home