Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Courage

Courage comes in many forms. To me, the best form of courage comes not in doing crazy stunts to impress but the simple acts of courage that not many out there would be capable of doing - dare I say, possibly not even the nuttiest of stuntmen.

The courage to admit your mistakes is one. The human being, having so much pride that sometimes failure is not even something to be mentioned. My respect goes out to those out there who are brave enough to admit that they have done wrong and face the consequences, rather than the cowardly act of lying through your nose and hiding the facts in an attempt to avoid the consequences of your mis-doings.

Another form of courage I truly respect is the courage to fight through disease. The battle of cancer and what-nots truly proves the triumph of the human spirit.

But most of all, the courage to die in the place of another. That I don't think I have the guts to do. A story was told to me of a priest who died in the place of a family man in the torture camp because he figured that he didn't have wife and children like the family man did. The priest then went to the torture camp and touched many lives before he died. The family man in turn was so touched by this act, he spent his whole life telling others about what the priest had done for him. What an awesome act of courage. And to think that Someone has indeed died for me, I'm truly in awe...

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoeverbelieveth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home