Saturday, June 11, 2005

Simply divine!

A few weeks ago, I met up with an old friend that I've not seen for 10 years. How we established contact was via Friendster. I was slightly worried bout what I was gonna say, u know after 10 years, a lot of things have changed - we have lived different lives, she was in NZ, I was in Australia, studied different courses, met different friends etc.

Met up at Starbucks and she told me that I SMS-ed her at the exact moment when she picked up her phone to SMS me to meet up. For others, this may seem like a coincidence but this was someone I've not met for so long... that to me, it was more than coincidence. And she was also thinking "what am I gonna talk to her about?" but when we started talking over coffee, it was even more amazing. She was going through the exact same things that I was. In fact so similar that we surprised ourselves. And from not knowing what to talk about, we had the deepest conversation and just felt so much better than someone else understands exactly what's in our minds. It felt like God wanted us to meet up for a reason, seriously. She's alone working in KL while her family is still in NZ and was worried about making new friends here etc.

Since then, she has sent me short emails every single morning on workdays, with bible verses to encourage me. What a blessing!!! :D Thanks Raina!!

"Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their work,
If one falls down,
his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls
and has no one to help him up!"
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home