Saturday, April 23, 2005

I love all things French

I've just finished watching Amelie. Simply captivating. Loved it... the storyline, the music, the mood, the setting, the beautiful streets of Paris, the language. Another Jean-Pierre Jeunet classic with Audrey Tautou. I wish I could speak French for real... it's probably the most beautiful language in the world. French humour too is so stark, so blatant that it's funny, hard to describe.

I wish I was in a movie... then I'd know the script, I would set the scene and I would tell how the story unfolds, and how it will end. I could paint myself in different colours, and those around me with different hues as I see fit... and I would be the master storyteller. I would live in my dreams, away from the realities of this world, where no one needs to understand why or how or when and there is no dimension of time. Where things can be reversed, and be forwarded.. where everything is beautiful, almost surreal. I could be a writer, a painter, capturing every essence of things around me. If only..If only..

1 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup a wonderful film it is indeed. If there is one thing I learnt from Amelie is - "attitude".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home