Thursday, May 19, 2005

Blessed with the bestest friends in the world!

I read a few years back that if you have 5 close friends that you can really talk to, as in, not just talk but confide in... you are the lucky ones who are happier in life and potentially live longer too. And seriously, it's not easy to find 5 people like that in your life but I suppose I'm one of the lucky few fortunate enough to actually have that luxury!

I've got two really, really good friends from my high school days... those friendships that are hard to break. Even though I was away in Melbourne for 4 years over, Lisa has always always been there for me.. yes, always. I'd turn to the phone, make that call, and there she is making me feel better instantly, knowing exactly what to say and do. And recently, when my car broke down, she was there and she made sure that my car could start before she left the scene, even though she was supposed to be having her bf's birthday dinner. Chin Ai is also one of my closest friends, we go a long way, studying the same course, staying at the same place, having like almost 60% mutual friends.. and the best thing about her is that she stands up for me all the time. An extremely loyal, sincere friend, anyone who does not know her is definitely at a loss. When I was down, she actually cooked for me so that I won't starve myself. She's definitely one friend that has pulled me through very difficult times and we've been through a lot together - yes, and a lot of FUN too!!

Jing Min is another of my best buds from Uni. Always honest with me, she has the ability to analyze things from a different perspective which really saved me from heaps of trouble. Always making sure that I'm ok, one of the most caring & sincere friends I know.. even though she is in Singapore now and is extremely busy, yet makes time for me when needed. We used to camp at each other's house to pull through those stressful exam periods. One of my newer friends, Jes.. feels like I've known her longer than it seems. Also my colleague, she's an amazing woman... full of laughter, makes my work life less mundane and always making sure that I'm ok too. Aahh, and of course not forgetting Haz (who is probably reading this blog and wondering if I'd mention his name) ;) ..my old friend that recently established contact just at the right time in my life. Who else can I call at midnight - 1 am when I can't sleep from drinking too much coffee?? :P And also blatantly honest with me, which I appreciate and has the most optimistic approach to life!! Never fails to cheer me up ;)

Seriously, where do you find friends like that? I am truly, truly blessed. :)

3 Comments:

At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww... if only all of us are as lucky as you are ;) I'm sure they consider themselves just as lucky to have ya as a friend eh?

 
At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yupyup definitely... i'm just as lucky as she is... heh heh... dun need to mention me just coz i'm reading k? ;)

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger emeryz said...

Hey I really mean everything that I said :) Not a hypocrite ok :)

Thanks for everrrything!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home