Saturday, November 05, 2005

Seoul searching: Day 3


Day 3 we were taken to the War Memorial... and I tell you, I never had so much fun at the War memorial thanks to my 3 crazy friends who can think of any sorts of ways to have crazy fun!

We climbed up the tanks, I got an inspiration for doing that "Noooo!!!" in front of a stationary tank (inspired by Austin Powers part 1), laid down flat on the ground in front of another stationary tank, did crazy poses at the monuments! Luckily we didn't get arrested for making a mockery of the War Memorial! :) Ok, I did learn something... I think! :)

After all that, we were brought shopping at Itaewon. It was our first taste of shopping in Korea and boy, were we disappointed at how expensive things were! And it's one of the cheaper places already in Korea... for once, 3 shopaholic ladies came out empty handed after an hour. What a feat! Never in history. :)

After lunch, we went to Gyeongbuk Palace, just one of those "must see" places. Wasn't too impressed with the architecture... was pretty dry I must say. Nevertheless, great photo opportunities again...

At dinner, Jes' colleague from Korean office met up with us... and we went to Top Cloud, a very posh restaurant with a splendid view of Seoul city! It was awesome.... jazz bands, cocktails and such. The toilets had a spectacular view of the city skyline and the tap can only be switched on by placing your feet on these 2 footprints painted on the floor. Took me like 3 minutes to figure that out. Very clever. Breathtaking... classy... loved it! It made me realize how global my company was.... to meet these Korean colleagues who spoke perfect English and knew some of my colleagues back home too! They also took us on a stroll downtown Seoul at night... walked by a place where the road was now converted to a stream, very pretty. Loved the neon lights that illuminate the back alleys, just as I see in movies.

Interestingly, some Japanese tourists stopped us and thought we were Jap. We conversed in all the Jap we knew and said we were Malaysians. They seemed pretty impressed with Malaysians speaking Jap in Korea so they asked for a photo! Very cute. We walked the streets of Seoul, snacking at the roadside stalls, making sarcastic remarks, talking bout our firm and projects.... had an awesome time! A really Seoul-ful experience that night... just as I imagined it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home