Tuesday, October 04, 2005

90% people management, 10% actual work

I just had one of those days at work where my clients just decide to go berserk. Always brings my mood down, the remarks are always the same... drains me out.

It's part and parcel of the job as one of my managers said. He seemed to be all smiley when he saw another junior and myself coming back from 'one of those sessions'. It's all about people management, it's part of the job. It's great though to have such positive energy when you are down. I also escalated another issue to my project manager and he also took it so optimistically and made the whole situation so 'simple'. Perhaps they have been seasoned... I need to learn the art of people management.

Like all jobs, if you look at the core of the job, it's actually very simple... that is if you take out the people factor - in a perfect world, where everyone is cooperative, wants to get the job done well, fast and efficiently and where people actually reach a resolution and agreement after a fruitful discussion. Yea, dream on... nevertheless, I still like my job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home