Sunday, October 09, 2005

Grandma dearest...

I've just got back from visiting my dearest Grandma at the hospital. This is the 4th time she has been in and out of the hospital this month for gallstones. She's in so much pain till she can't really sleep or eat anything concrete. Due to her diabetes and some liver infection, the doctors are unable to perform the operation as the risks are too high. Some good news finally shed in today. Tomorrow, the doctors will be using some 'endoscope' thingy to remove the gallstones and she would not need to undergo any surgery. Thank God for new technology!

I've been visiting dear Grandma whenever I have the time. It just hurts me to know that I can't do anything to make her feel better and I really hope that my prayers will be answered. I just have to trust God to take care of her.

Mama, as I fondly call her, is such a wonderful lady. She's always cheerful, kind-hearted and generous & funny too! She's so extremely polite too, always apologizing for troubling us - even to the extent that we don't have seats in her hospital room! She always goes all out to help others... at one time, she fell down while trying to bring in the clothes when it was raining without letting us know. During her last birthday, my aunts taught her some English phrases and amazingly at her old age, she could remember and recite the lines "Thank you for coming to my birthday party." Even at her hospital bed, she never fails to say something funny in each visit, though she is in pain. The other night, she teased my dad before we left with her little jokes. She's the nicest & sweetest person ever... and not to mention, single-handedly raised up 10 children by herself after my grandfather's demisal.

Mama, I hope that you will get well soon and feel better. You are always in my prayers. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home