Saturday, November 05, 2005

Seoul searching: Day 1


I just got back from my trip to South Korea for 5 days. It was seriously breathtakingly beautiful! :) And my friends and I had crazy fun! Seriously CRAZY!!

We flew on Korean Air, and once we touched down at Incheon International Airport, we were transferred to Nami Island. This island is famous due to the popular Korean series, Winter Sonata (which I attempted watching before the trip but had to fast-forward). Nevertheless, the golden leaves that illuminate the stretch of poplar trees are simply amazing that you don't need to watch the series to appreciate it. :)

After many many poser shots and feasting on Korean delicacies (mainly potato-made stuff), we were on our way to some other place where they filmed "Autumn in my heart".... got no idea what that movie was about, but nevertheless worth a visit ;)

Stayed at Freya Naksan resort that night... first thing we realized was "Where are the beds???!" and found out that there were actually mattresses and pillows and quilts which were the "Korean" way of sleeping. Hmmm... :) It was actually very warm and comfortable! The funniest bit about the tour was that since the Korean guide only spoke Mandarin, he was telling us about how to stack the mattresses "Thick mattress below, light mattress on top to cover it", and due to my limited Mandarin vocab, I thought he said "We are having Korean BBQ tonite, so make sure you put the thick pan below and cover with a light lid to cook"... Hahahaha...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home