Monday, September 26, 2005

Sun, sand, sea and cocktails..

Just got back from Redang Island for my project trip yesterday evening. It was simply.. awesome! Didn't expect to have so much fun with my colleagues, really helps that they are all young and cool, so we click pretty well. Of course, there was the waking up at 4am, making sure everyone's in the boat/van/plane... checking everyone in, giving presentation after the long journey etc. being in the organizing committee.. but the other good stuff was so much more worth remembering!

I went snorkeling.. woohoo! With a life jacket.. a little scary at first but once I got the hang of it without drinking too much salt water, it was simply beautiful. Felt like I was swimming in a huge aquarium. The water was crystal clear, greenish blue, the sort I only dream about. It has to be the most beautiful beach in Malaysia. There was also the theme party that I suggested which though not many of the upper management bothered, the young ones participated which made it fun. Walking around in pajamas into the hotel restaurant definitely was no easy task... we were like "What are you looking at?". At least I know now that you can get in the restaurant in pajamas... no dress code! :)

Then, there was the charades in which my acting was apparently entertainment to the rest. Hmmm.. and there was the crazy synchronized swimming at the sea *go figure*, almost drowning my colleague playing Gladiator in the sea, being sprayed by shaving cream by my boss who was a bit nuts that night... and the craziest of all was nonetheless pouring too much bubble bath into the jacuzzi at the spa.... and oh boy, the foams wouldn't stop and it overflowed!!! The lady at the spa thought that we drowned in the bubbles, but in fact we were at the sauna. The look on her face was so funny I swear! ;)

Aah, so after the trip and the motivational talk... I'm supposed to be more recharged at work. I am, actually... I remembered some of the lessons learnt - think of the big picture, take a step back, be more 'busybody' when it comes to knowing what the other teams are doing.... and I lived my dream - to sit by the beach, sipping cocktails and reading a book. What more could I ask for?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 Comments:

At 2:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Babe! It was so fun hanging out with you and the bunch in Redang!

Can't wait for Seoul-searching!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home