Sunday, April 03, 2005

'It is more blessed to give than to receive'

This weekend has been awesome because I got my first paycheck and am finally able to pay for people's meals. Haha.. sounds funny but it's just that being the youngest in the family, I've always been pampered with "don't worry, u can pay when u make ur own money" so now it's finally the time that I can actually do that. Empowering!

Managed to shout my family dinner and several friends... which was what I intended to do with my first paycheck. I was asked "what are u going to do for yourself?".. I initially thought of highlighting my hair or shop for work clothes but now all that sounds too much of self-indulgence. Self-indulgence that I've been engaged in for far too long. I've finally understood what the bible meant by "It is more blessed to give than to receive"... and that I tell you, is an awesome feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home