Thursday, March 17, 2005

True blue M'sian traffic

I took 2 hours to get home from work today. I've forgotten how bad the traffic conditions can get. Ironically, I finsihed work at 5pm today, the earliest ever, and decided to go for drinks with colleagues. Little did I know the harsh traffic conditions out there.

After 45 minutes, my dad and I were still circling the building that I worked in coz we tried 3 routes to beat the jam but to no avail. Even with my dad's 20 years of experience and knowing all the little routes in town, he gave up. We parked the car at his office, took the monorail, walked to the LRT station, and later took a cab home. Now that's what you call the true blue Msian traffic experience :)

And it was just my luck that the cab driver was the slowest u could ever find in the whole KL city but at least he was nice (i.e. not evil). Haha I've been brought up in this city to not trust any strangers - policemen & cabbies included. It's not a generalization just that the media writes about bogus policemen & cabbies.. so, what are we to believe? And the monorail as well.. after the issue with the 'little explosion' and tyres falling during the trial run, I was pretty skeptical about it. At the end of the route, the driver made some abrupt brakes and you could literally sense everyone looking at his direction, wondering what's going on. Are we falling off the tracks?
Nothing happened, thank goodness and I guess it's all part & parcel of living in this chaotic city.

So there you go, I've got my ultimate local traffic experience :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home