Friday, March 11, 2005

Eternal optimist

Optimism is a great thing... something which I need to put into my system. :) Optimism is simply what you perceive the things around you to be, something I observed from my cheery, happy, optimistic friends. I've never realized that it was sooo simple.

And so, yes it's all in the mind. My sense of directions, from an optimistic perspective, is what makes my life interesting. How many people actually have interesting stories to tell of their journies or how they have discovered new routes (even a village in the midst of the busy urban areas)? Like my friend Bonk said, 'Today I took a different route but arrived at my destination. How boring!'. He was hoping to lose his way too and perhaps discover something interesting. Haha! Now, a bad sense of directions is not so easy to master is it?? :P

Being optimistic is also about living life as it comes & not worrying about things you can't change - lesson from Tuck ;) . Sometimes the people who suffer most in life tend to be the most optimistic! I've had some taste of it in terms of my not being able to do certain things because of a medical condition, which has helped me see life in a lighter way. Being able to ride on a roller coaster after 5 years is AWESOME!! Not falling down despite my vain efforts walking on slippery tiles with high heels.. I'm sooo THANKFUL. Being able to bend down to reach my toes for the first time after 3 years is a major ACHIEVEMENT. Going hiking & camping is a BREAKTHROUGH. No big deal to many but the happiness & sense of achievement I get from it is beyond words. And yet, there are so many out there who have it worse than me. Now, aren't those people AMAZING? I have to constantly remind myself not to fret about small issues.. gotta master the art of the eternal optimist. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home