Saturday, April 02, 2005

'If only the fish in the net learn not to struggle'

This blog entry is inspired by Tuck :) Don't know if I got the saying right about "If only the fish in the net learn not to struggle" or something along those lines. Anyway, it's to do with accepting things as they are and not struggling with the circumstances which will only make things worse.

I guess I have been struggling a lot with myself trying to adapt to my new lifestyle in KL. Working life is different, let alone that I've been living a carefree student life in Australia for the past few years, it has become like my 2nd home. I never anticipated that it would be this hard, after all it's just 'going back home'. Should've gone for those "Preparing to return to your home country" seminars at Uni. They told us that there would be adjustments but I didn't bother. I guess for some of my friends who fly home every single semester break and love their home countries, it's a breeze to be back. A friend of mine just wrote to me that she's very much comfortable here but feel like she left half her heart in OZ & mentioned that that must sound crazy... but I totally relate to that. But like the fish caught in the net, I just gotta accept things as they are and not torture myself further by struggling. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home