Thursday, March 24, 2005

Sliding doors

The movie Sliding Doors had always appealed to me in terms of the concept. Don't mean to be philosophical or anything but I thought it was one of the better and more original ideas in a movie. Basically it's about how things could have turned out differently if in this case, the actress (Gwyneth Paltrow) missed the train or otherwise. Ok maybe that's too low-level, but it's just saying that how a small event such as missing the train could actually change your day or entire life. Thanks Lisa for sharing that movie with me years ago, it's great :)

After watching that movie, I always thought of how things would have turned out if... but then again we only live in a one-dimensional world so I would technically never know how things would have turned out otherwise. Not like in the movie where we get 2 versions of the story and 2 different endings. So I know I really should stop thinking of "would haves & could haves" but you know, I just can't help wondering. Just the possibilities of what life could have been like. Never hurts to wonder. ;) And in a way, it'd be pretty cool to have 2 versions of my life coz there's so much I want to do & explore.. then at least I'd know which path to take, and where to go. I know, I'm such a dreamer sometimes :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home