Thursday, February 03, 2005

Girl, misunderstood

This blog space has become my area to vent my frustrations and feelings, which is kind of good in a way so that I don't go around banging my car into trees or doing something stupid like that. I am really bad with communication, which often brings me into deep deep trouble. I hate to be like this but I have to try awfully, awfully hard to talk about things that are very personal to me. I guess it's just my nature, like one of my closest friends say.. some of us who are more introverted just have a need to keep some things to ourselves, even to our closest family and friends. .. because we feel the need to maintain our personal space.

I should not generalize but I just feel that introverts often get misunderstood. As much as some people comment how much I can talk when I want to, I would honestly say I'm still very much introverted by nature. When someone is quiet, it does not mean that they are dull, boring and have no enthusiasm for life. In fact, some of the most interesting people I know are quiet in nature - there's more of a sense of mystery about them and if you would just talk to them, there's much they have to tell you and share. It's just not their nature to openly talk about their problems or be the center of attention in a crowd - it just isn't. Yes, sometimes I wish I could be the friendly person who can relate and talk to anyone at anytime - I have for many years tried to conquer my introvertness... but after trying so hard, I would say that I've made a huge effort but yet to a great extent, I can't change the nature of who I'm created to be.

So, please don't misunderstand introverts coz of their nature. Some may never understand how much effort it takes to just find some conversational topic to talk about, or giving that public presentation, teaching a class or finding the right words to communicate what is inside my complex nature. For those who can relate, I say thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home