Saturday, January 29, 2005

What are your priorities?

Today the word 'priorities' just dawned upon me. Somehow the word kept popping up in conversations, and in my head. Do people live their lives according to what priorities they have? I guess so. Is it really important to get ur priorities right? I certainly think so, although I can't say for a fact that it applies to myself.

Well, several conversations today just got me thinking. Some of us young adult's priorities are definitely career, but at the same time I don't think it would be such a big thing for me. Was inspired by an old friend of mine who mentioned how he works for passion. Admire that, I mean how many people nowadays dare to do what they are passionate about, most would work for money, reputation, so-called 'dream job'. I really hope I can find what I'm passionate about soon. I remember one of my law tutor's last speech to us which was "whatever u choose to do in life, be passionate about it". It has stuck on with me since.

Some other people are obsessed with settling down.. sometimes without even really thinking with who. Some others' priorities are their friends and family, and they would do anything to spend time with them, sometimes to much extremes. Some others are seriously obsessed with climbing up that corporate ladder and making big bucks. I would say nothing is really bad about any of these coz people choose to live their lives differently. I just realize that people orchestrate their life based on these priorities and their level of satisfaction in life also depend on that.

Say, you can ask 2 friends if they are happy with their life. One has a job with good prospects, earning big bucks, going up the ladder, travelling overseas for job assignments and another has a job with a really small firm with not much growth prospects, earning barely to survive and is settling down really early. The latter could be happy and contented perhaps more than the former. Say a payrise of a thousand would be awesome for the latter but meagre for the former.. so again, people who seemingly 'have everything' may not always be the happiest. :) Well, that's what I think anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home