Sunday, January 30, 2005

U don't know what u got till it's gone

Always heard of the saying 'u don't know what u've got till it's gone'... if it's a saying anyway or maybe I heard it from that Janet Jackson song ages ago :)

Was having a chat with my friend yesterday and she said that her sister who's away from home is closer to her parents than she is even though she has always been around. And I realized, hey that applies to me too... I speak more to my parents when I'm away than when I'm back. So absence does make the heart grow fonder. My family members are all over the globe these recent years so every moment that I have with any of my siblings and parents I make the most of it. It wasn't like this when we were younger and everyone was at home and we wish that our siblings and parents would just leave us alone.

During my last week in Melbourne, I was also savouring every moment of it, taking photos of Lygon street where I've lived for like 2 years and enjoying my mocha which I used to take just for caffeine boost. And my last day in Melbourne, every waking minute was so precious .. there's never been a day in my life so far that I can remember where I actually treasured every minute. So, moral of the story... I must constantly remind myself not to take things for granted :)

1 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bittersweet isn't it? :p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home