Monday, January 24, 2005

Welcome to the "real" world

It's been more than 24 hours since I landed in Malaysia and I'm still in a daze. Everything's pretty much the same as I imagined it to be, but I still can't believe I'm back. There's all these adjustments to make like getting used to not knowing the salespeople that I love to chat to in Melbourne :) Ok maybe that's a small issue haha.

I was talking with my boyfriend and we both realized that we have finally made it to the "real" world. What does that mean anyway? When we were in school, college through to Uni we were always told that "in the real world, things are not like this". It's as though we live in a shelter for about 22 years and now we are let loose into reality. Well now that I'm there, I finally kinda realize what they might mean. It's a dog-eat-dog world. Things are not as simple as they seem. Finding a good job is hard and stressful, u can't just pay some fees and enrol. People change, even those you know so well and sometimes there's nothing u can do about it. You don't know when and who you will fall in love with. You have to decide what to do with your life for the remaining years. So here I am, all 'dewy-eyed' trying to survive finally in the 'real' world.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home