Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Labrador

I was playing with my sis' pet Labrador this morning.. and realized why having a pet dog is such a stress reliever. Well, I read that having a pet actually reduces stress levels and cause owners to have longer lives. Don't know how true that is, but after this week observing and playing with Rocky the labrador.. I kinda understand why.

U see, Rocky is always happy to see me and I hardly even spend time with him. He's tied up sometimes for several hours and yet, when I see him, he jumps excitedly waiting to play with me. No complaints, no sour faces about being neglected and tied up in the same spot for hours with no one to play with. His friendliness and happy composure is infectious, yes it's just a dog but don't underestimate his "social" skills. Wouldn't it bring a smile to your face to see his cute face, him jumping happily to greet you when u come back and dying to be hugged and played with? It makes u forget all the past events of the day and savour the simple moments in life. Rocky is only depressed when my sis is not around, he knows it. He has feelings too. He's an amazing addition to our family... even though most of us are not pure animal lovers, especially my mum, but everyone has grown to love him. So much for us humans training our pets, when sometimes we need to observe and learn the simple things from them that we so easily neglect and forget.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home