Monday, November 07, 2005

Oh no... not again!

I'm back home, after a long day at work where my mind was still at Seoul .... but my car is not home!

No, it didn't break down. I was stuck in the parking lot because my season parking pass wouldn't let me out. Ok, guilty. I haven't paid for my parking fees... but come on, I could get in this morning. Usually if you don't pay, you can't even get in!

Ironically, after lunch today, one of my colleagues was asking me if he could borrow some money. I was short on cash today and I asked him why. He said he hasn't paid for parking.. and it occurred to me, hey me too! Thinking that I managed to get in today, it should be fine... I'd just pay tomorrow.

Oh, how much did I regret doing that when I saw that the parking pole wouldn't budge as I desperately try to beep myself out!! There was this guard there who was trying to help me, and I told him to please let me out... "I'd pay tomorrow I promise". He said that the other guards are not around anymore and the parking lady is not there to collect the fees so he can't do anything. I might as well leave my car there tonight and figure out a way to go home.

I told him I could get my collaegue to beep out and if I drive REALLY close to him, perhaps we could get out together. I called my colleague, he said my idea was nuts! "If it was so easy, we all could share one parking ticket and drive real close to each other in a row!" Ok, fine. Anyway, thank God he was nice enough to send me home. And ironically again, the same colleague who reminded me to pay for my parking fee during lunch. Oh how he laughed his head off. I said "These things only happen to me". His response, "It only happens to you coz you are so stubborn!! ;)"

What an awful lesson to learn to pay your parking fees on time! And please, let me be able to locate my car tomorrow and get out of that car park!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home