Saturday, July 28, 2007

Being there...

Most people ask what the most important thing in a relationship with your loved ones is. I discovered my answer yesterday, which is simply being there. You may not know what to do or what to say, with the uncertainties and anxieties looming, but simply being there may be all. Relatives that you can count upon, to turn up at your door when problems arise, your partner that will be there for you no matter what, and family who will be there to support and pray together.

Suddenly, everything else seem meaningless – status, power, work, titles, worries. The things that we do to chase all that, the worries that clog our minds are the very things that cause the problems. What is really important? Where does our time go to? Do we really know what it means to be there for each other? A kind word spoken, a loving action, a simple prayer…

“And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” Philippians 4:7

Have you ever experienced God’s perfect peace? The calm amidst the storm, the strength amidst the tribulations and comfort amidst the uncertainties… and He shows Himself so real ever once again. And these words from the song ‘Made me glad’ discover its new meaning in me:

I will bless the Lord forever
I will trust Him at all times
He has delivered me from all fear
He has set my feet upon a rock
I will not be moved
And I'll say of the Lord
You are my shield, my strength
My portion, deliverer
My shelter, strong tower
My very present help in time of need

Yes, my very present help in time of need. Who else can I turn to for comfort & for perfect peace? He is in control of everything.

Please do stop and think – am I so caught up in chasing the wind that I do not have time to be there for others?

Time is a commodity that you have free access over, and the power is in your hands in how you would share it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home