Saturday, March 11, 2006

Worst for the best

The worst thing that you thought to happen to you could also be the best thing that has ever happened to you.

Life has a funny way of sneaking up on us and helping us to learn and grow. From what I've experienced so far, in retrospect, I find that sometimes the worst thing you thought that happened to you do turn out for the best. It also gave me more character, helped me to develop in areas that I needed to be pushed to learn and basically, was necessary to help me be a better person. So whatever challenges I face, I've to constantly remind myself to focus on the outcome. :)

Looking back, I wondered how I mustered the confidence and courage to do so much lately - taking on new responsibilities, challenges and even my personality test revealed some surprising results about my character. Hmm.. definitely not the same person I was 5 years ago. Without my major surgery, I would have never learnt to be bolder and appreciate life for all that it is. Without my previous supervisor resigning & pushing me & believing in my abilities, I would never have grown in my job or have confidence to lead and get an award for it. Without my failures, I would have never learnt of who I am capable of being & what I am capable of doing. Without changes in life, I would have become complacent. Without turbulence in friendships & relationships, I would have never learnt to appreciate it for what it's worth.

"You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives." Genesis 50:20

"Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope." Romans 5:3



And I also learnt that there's nothing more satisfying than chocolate cake ;) Live life to the fullest, guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home