Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Growing old(er)..

Hanging out with my cousins over CNY have made me realized how much we've grown. We were reminiscing on the days where we got caught watching a 18SG movie (which was at least 8 years ago), and having my baby cousin Zi (she's already 19 now) telling me things she recalled from her childhood which I don't even remember. Well, most were some memories of how we bullied her. I asked her to name one good thing she recalled and after some time, she said "You cooked Maggi mee for me". Phew, I knew I wasn't all that mean :P

Now I know how it is when my siblings or parents look at me and still think I'm so young, when I am not. That's how it is when I see my younger cousins that I grew up with. They are like younger siblings to me (having none myself). I love to spoil them for movies or meals, coz I never get that chance since my elder siblings always pay for everything. ;)

And when I read their blogs, I realized how much they have grown. How they have gone through hard times, been through the usual ups and downs as a teenager now approaching adulthood and it's awesome. It's awesome that most of them have graduated / graduating / doing well in college. It's awesome to watch them grow and be someone. Yea, I sound old because I am.

Because time goes by so quickly, we gotta make the most of everyday, because you don't want to be looking back and go, "I should have done this or that". Just do it. Regrets are relative, I mean, at that point in time, you would think that was the best thing to do, which is why you did it, and now looking back, you regret. Yet, everything is a learning process, so perhaps you were meant to go through it in the first place and thus, there shouldn't be regrets. Gosh, my slacking mind is causing me to over-analyze things again. I better not write anymore.

1 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No need to over-analyse, girl... Just learn from the past, be careful of the future and live in the present... that's all! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home